Most major retailers have been chanting “Mother’s Day, Mother’s Day” for about three weeks now. I know, you get it, Mother’s Day is May 9. So with that in mind, why not break from the crowd and do your Mother’s Day shopping at …a grocery store?
Yep, you heard me right. Many grocery stores – and, specifically, H-E-B – have everything you need to make a great Mother’s Day. They have all the ingredients for a great meal, plus special treats like dipped strawberries, which are only available for a limited time.
H-E-B also has fresh, quality flowers; in fact, there’s an in-store coupon right now for $3 off a hand-tied bouquet or floral arrangement, plus a “Floral Combo Loco” – when you buy an “Always in My Heart” bouquet, you’ll get a free vase.
Does your special Mom like to shop? H-E-B has a wide selection of gift cards from major retailers. When you buy $50 in gift cards from H-E-B this week, you’ll get $5 off your next purchase. And if you’re looking to get creative with your celebration, H-E-B has a great list of ways to celebrate Mother’s Day.
Now, on to the giveaway. One of my lucky readers will receive a $20 gift card to H-E-B. (These gift cards also work at Central Market.) Here’s how to enter:
1. Leave a comment on this post telling me how you plan to celebrate Mother’s Day this year. This is a mandatory entry – in other words, using just the bonus methods won’t get you entered into the drawing at all.
2. (Bonus entry): Become a fan or “like” Fort Worth on the Cheap on Facebook. If you’re already a fan, leave a separate comment saying so.
3. (Bonus entry): Tweet this on Twitter: “Win a $20 H-E-B gift card from @fwcheap! https://bit.ly/aPxNGs” . Then leave a separate comment with a link to the Tweet.
I’ll take entries through 11:59 a.m. on Monday, May 10. At that time, I’ll use a random number generator to draw for the gift card. You must be a Texas resident to enter.
Disclosure: H-E-B provided the information about their store specials in the post, and provided the gift card to give away. I did not receive any other compensation from H-E-B for this post.
- Tejano Fest 2022 is back at Traders Village, Grand Prairie with free concerts on May 29! - 05/23/2022
- Prairie Playland at Traders Village in Dallas – Amusement Park With Games That Your Entire Family Will Enjoy! - 03/31/2022
- Why is Prairie Playland in Traders Village, Dallas the PERFECT amusement park? - 03/18/2022