The Fort Worth Zoo has reopened as of late May 2020, and we have your guide to new rules, how to get tickets and save on your trip, and more.
Looking to find out about getting Fort Worth Zoo discount tickets? We can tell you more about that, and why you should visit this incredible tribute to wildlife.
The Fort Worth Zoo in Texas has been named one of the top zoos in the nation by Family Life magazine, USA Today, and the Los Angeles Times. It’s also accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA).
NEW GUIDELINES FOR FORT WORTH ZOO
Now that the Fort Worth Zoo has reopened to the public amid the pandemic, some new rules and practices are in place to keep visitors as safe as possible:
- Visitors must make reservations online prior to visiting — no walk-ups allowed
- Indoor exhibits are temporarily closed
- Restaurant and gift shops are operating at limited capacity right now
- More handwashing stations are places throughout the zoo grounds and signage placed in many areas to remind visitors to sanitize and practice social distancing
- Frequently touched areas are cleaned very regularly
WHAT IS THE FORT WORTH ZOO ABOUT?
The Fort Worth Zoo was established in 1909 and started with just one lion, an alligator, a coyote, a peacock, two bear cubs and several rabbits. Today, the zoo is home to 7,000 local and exotic animals, representing more than 500 species. The Fort Worth Zoo is a nonprofit organization run by the Fort Worth Zoological Association.
The Fort Worth Zoo hosts several animal exhibits. Some of them include African Savanna, Asian Falls, Australian Outback, Flamingo Bay and Parrot Paradise. The Zoo also features entertainment like Outdoor Learning Theater, Yellow Rose Express Train, Country Carousel, Playbarn, Wild West Shooting Gallery, Swinging Swamp Bridge, Texas Nature Traders, Tasmanian Tower, and Hurricane and Tornado Simulators.
Fort Worth Zoo has animal outreach programs available which provides animal awareness in an educational, entertaining and interactive way. This program educates on a wide variety of mammals, reptiles and birds. Field trips are also encouraged through discounted group prices. Aside from these, the zoo also encourages the public to sponsor an animal with their adoption package options.
ARE THERE FORT WORTH ZOO DISCOUNT TICKETS?
We’re sorry to say that the only way to get Fort Worth Zoo discount tickets at this time is with a Zoo Membership. It runs around $52 per year, per adult. If you plan to visit often this could be the way to go. A membership will give you unlimited admission during regular operating hours, free parking, and discounts for guests as well as on rides and attractions.
Aside from that, General Admission to the Zoo starts at $16 for adults. Children (Ages 3-12) and seniors with valid ID can get in for just $12. Toddlers (2 and under) are free of admission.
You should be aware that there is a $5 charge for parking.
It is worth noting that all tickets are half-price on Wednesdays, if you can plan your trip for a weekday. If you’re looking for more things to do on the weekend in your area, we’ve done the research for you here!
FORT WORTH ZOO HOURS
The Fort Worth Zoo is open 365 days a year in the following hours. Please note that the dates and hours are subject to change.
May 29 – July 5
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Monday through Friday
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. – Saturday and Sunday
July 6 – October 25
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
- Thanksgiving Day: Noon to 4 p.m.
- Christmas Day: Noon to 4 p.m.
- New Year’s Day: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
HOW TO GET TO FORT WORTH ZOO
The Fort Worth Zoo address, so you can navigate to it easily: 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, TX 76110, USA.
For even more up to date information, visit their website: https://www.fortworthzoo.org
- Tejano Fest 2022 is back at Traders Village, Grand Prairie with free concerts on May 29! - 05/23/2022
- Prairie Playland at Traders Village in Dallas – Amusement Park With Games That Your Entire Family Will Enjoy! - 03/31/2022
- Why is Prairie Playland in Traders Village, Dallas the PERFECT amusement park? - 03/18/2022