Saving money can be hard to do sometimes. Of course, in the age of the internet, it doesn’t have to be. A long time ago people realized how hard saving money could be and started making apps that make it much easier. There are hundreds of ingenious apps and websites out there that are dedicated to offering free and low-cost ways to help you save a buck.
Here are some of the best money-saving apps and websites available. Whether you use one or all of these options, you’ll find you begin saving money almost immediately. Check them out and let us know what you think!
- Real Simple Energy – Real Simple Energy is a great website/app that will help you to save the most money possible on your electricity bill. Most Texans are paying too much for electricity each month. After a quick sign up process, Real Simple Energy will match you with the most reasonable plans available for your living situation. Most people notice savings almost immediately. You have nothing to lose and money to gain when using Real Simple Energy, so you should give it a try. Right now, you can use promo code BUDGET30 for $30 credit on your first month’s bill.
- Honey – Honey has been one of the top shopping apps for years. This great app will give you a complete picture of all of the available deals and coupons on the internet. Trying to find discount codes that work can be a pain. Honey works in the shadows, but when shopping they will run all available internet coupon codes to find you the best discounts online. During checkout, Honey will run the codes and input the best options. You’ll save money without doing any of the work. It’s free, so you have nothing to lose and plenty to save!
- Dobot – Dobot is a money saving app that takes all of the guesswork out of the process. You sign up for free and link your checking account. The app will access your spending and every few days they will move small amounts of money from your checking account to your savings. This allows you to save money without affecting your finances in any negative way. If an overdraft occurs as a result of Dobot moving money around they even pay the fees for you.
- GoodBudget – Goodbudget is a budget tracker that offers a nod to the days of envelope budgeting. You will have the chance to designate dollar amounts of things like groceries, gas, entertainment, and other necessities. From there, you just log your purchases and stop spending when you’ve reached your limit. This simplifies the budgeting process. It also allows you a clear look at what you’re spending and where you might be able to cut corners and start saving.
- Trim – Trim is a great app for saving money because it does a few things that are super helpful. For starters, they track your expenses and find out where all your money is going. Trim is especially great if you subscribe to subscription services. They will let you know what services you’re signed up to and allow you to cancel right from the app. They can help negotiate your cell phone and cable bills to get you lower rates, too.
- Albert – Albert is kind of a financial genius. The app answers any questions you have about spending and saving money. So, if you have a budgeting question or you want to know how to save money, you can ask Albert. Questions are asked and answered via text. For example, you might ask for deals on movers or what the cheapest landscaper is in your area. Albert uses the information they have about your linked accounts and the area where you live to provide instant answers to your questions.
- Paribus – Paribus is one of those apps that you can sign up for and forget about. Once you’ve linked your accounts, you just do whatever you normally would and Paribus will contact you when necessary. They will track your shopping habits to find you money. For example, if you purchase something and then it goes on sale, Paribus will let you know so that you can request the difference. They also let you know when your shipments are late. They can also contact customer service on your behalf. You don’t have to do anything. They get you the money back and add it to your account. All you need to do is sign up!
- SnipSnap – How many times have you meant to clip a coupon, only to have forgotten it once you got to the store? SnipSnap ensures that doesn’t ever happen again. Instead of clipping coupons, SnipSnap allows you to take a picture of the coupon. Once you’ve taken a picture, the app will convert the coupon into a digital coupon. The cashier at the store will be able to scan the image and you’ll never miss out on savings again!
- Chime – Chime is actually a digital bank account. You’ll be able to run your account through the app and with a debit card. Chime helps you to save money and to get money faster. The Round Up feature takes your change from purchases you make and puts it into savings. If you have your paycheck direct deposited, you’ll even get your check a couple of days before payday!
- GasBuddy – The best thing about the Gas Buddy app is that you can find accurate gas prices at all of the local stations in your area. Users are able to update the prices for local stations. This gives them points, which they can then use to enter contests for things like gas cards. So, you’ll be able to find out the right station to go to so you avoid overspending on gas and you’ll also be able to update prices and could win free gas, too!
There are just some of the apps and websites out there that will help you to save money. Did your favorite make the list? Let us know which apps you’re using in the comments!
This is a sponsored article. We only accept and publish sponsored content we believe offers remarkable value and is useful to our loyal readers. Sponsored content allows DFW On Budget to manage the expenses of running this website and to bring you extensive coverage of the area’s best deals and events. If your organization is interested in sponsoring content on our site, click here to learn how you can advertise with us.